free web tracker

Thursday, December 21, 2006

we like texture - ashes on rain

An internet cafe in London, 10.35pm

Two spots down, an Arab man is reciting the Koran over Skype. It's just us. He seems excited by the discussion. I think its some kind of informal correspondence course. He laughs quite often, like a schoolboy, which I like.

Tonight was my second lonely one. I felt displaced (which I am) and without friends (which I'm not). In fact, two of my best friends in the world are here in London with me. But when Thean goes to work, and Jolani's away, I feel like the last Smurf in the world.

It will pass.

What I wanted to say is that this blog is still going. I will continue to barf my thoughts here for the next year, the cold one in London.

I picked up my camera for the first time in a month just two days ago. I want to show you some pictures of angels and classical figures in black and white, but it must wait for now.

See you soon.



goed om van jou te hoor. niks soos die vreemde om perspektief te bring nie; savour dit.
Blogger arcadia  


ai niel. ek dink almal van "ons" voel semi-displaced na 'n jaar van rondskrop en -skarrel soos afkop-hoenders.
hier teen 10:30am begin die koffie-en-croissant-alarmpies te beier, net om 'n mens dwars in die krop te steek met die realiteit dat Cafe Go nie meer die plek is om heen te "go" nie.
Enigste plek waar ons deesdae kan ontmoet, is hier.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
(sjoe, hoe's daai vir cliche meets melodrama?)
Blogger M.E.  


Wat kan ek sĂȘ? Voel nou die afgelope week ietwat dead man walking lite.
Blogger gm  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.