free web tracker

Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to writing

As my course in journalism starts to wind up, the prospect of writing again and reading fiction without feeling guilty presents itself.

So, I'll show you what I write about.

For today: Sunday Evening Concert.

648 words. Nice and short.

"
The girl in the back. What do I know? She could be confident, fulfilled, popular. She could be respected. She could be hailed as a genius. She could be. But she’s standing there by those huge drums and every minute or two, she has to rouse herself to thump them for a single beat, muffling before they even get to resonate. And then she goes back to staring at something beyond the conductor, beyond me in my seat in the 10th row.
"

Read the whole thing

you will have to download it at this link. no virii, i promise



jy weet ek love hierdie storie...sou dink dis waar ;-)
Blogger M.E.  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.