free web tracker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Land, Air and Sea

Class field trip to Simonstad Naval base and Ysterplaat air force base. Cool enough, we got to ride in boats & planes that can kill!

I'm not supplying any kind of mood barometer for this trip. I was too ill to have emotions. But it was fun to take pictures:


Navy recruits warm-up before jumping into the freezing water, completing an obstacle course, getting out of the water, running, more swimming, more running. It's a sea dog's life.


He is headed for the obstacle course. He will save my life someday.




This recruit was receiving personal attention from the drill sergeant, probably for a bad attitude. The sarge ordered him to dive for seashells.


Flying in a DC-10, a WW2 era aircraft. These rotors make for great photos.




Emmie of the flies.


I love taking graphical pictures, but would like to hear your opinion on this type of picture. Interesting or no?


I found three flowers at the docks.








I do like graphical pictures to some extent. I often find it fascinating to see just a piece of something we usually take for granted, now artfully captured and made immortal. But I like them in smallish doses. I think.

Those sea dogs are yummy, LOL!
Blogger C  


daai's 'n by man :-)
Blogger M.E.  


Interesting - yes. The clarity and simplicity of the pictures is great - especially liked the barbed wire shot.
Blogger Trundling Grunt  


Jou foto's het my sopas oortuig om aansoek te doen. En dit 4 dae voor die sluitingsdatum
Blogger Appel  


Hoera! Jy is uitgeknip 'n joernalis en hierdie kursus is definitief die moeite werd.

Ken die kaart van Afrika.
Blogger N  


dis 'n kraan demmit!!!!.....ma "die groen" se vir my jy het 'n punt beet... (nice)
Anonymous Anonymous  


Aww... I wanna fly in a WWII plane too! *green with jealousy*

I love your photographs - I'm going to steal them and make postcards to sell in the book shop (I'm kidding).
Blogger Unknown  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.