free web tracker

Saturday, August 12, 2006

For one night only: I AM THE LAW! (Updated)

What happens in public, you may photograph. Period.

Kate Moss takes her top off, you have the (legal, not moral) right to snap the twins and become (semi-) rich.

The same, without doubt and without question, applies to buildings and basically everything OUTSIDE, except Kate's private garden.

I was taking shots of window cleaners when this guy from their company comes up to me and says: "You're not allowed to take pictures. You need a permit. You must pay. I am a throbbing prick." (He didn't say that last part, really)

Now: this is all false, but if you don't have the legal background, you might be inclined to stand down in this situation. DON'T. I almost never stick up for myself and in this situation, armed with the correct legal info (thanks to my law degree!), I told him flatly that I know my rights and I will take pics as I please.

Big moment for me guys. Often in fights, I become a carpet. A shaggy, please-tread-on-me rug. Not this time. And don't let it happen to you! Anyway, I'm saving some for tomorrow because the computer is giving me trouble with my photos.

Just some Saturday pics:














This man. Is the man. He will kill you.



Yeah N! Shag no more!

I was referring to the rug, of course. Or to the treading part. Or something. It is late.

Cool photos.
Blogger gm  


Well done Neil! I do like it when the little guy wins the power struggle.

Cool pics as well. I like the first one most.
Blogger Karen Little  


"this man" looks pretty darn scary!!!!!!!
Blogger M.E.  


good stuff, niel. one time the security guard at the sa reserve bank in st. george's mall told me i'm not allowed to take pics there. i deleted the picture i just took. what he didn't know was that i took one earlier the day. it felt like i threw a middle finger to the system. pity the picture sucked.
Blogger Jan  


nothing like a good fight. but i have violent tendencies. not really.
Blogger arcadia  


*this man* looks like he might have sumthing permanently lodged up his derriere.
Blogger AristoNeeks  


neko: probably a nailgun.

arcadia: a fight is exhilirating to be sure.

but while I recoil from it (after-the-fact, this time), other strive for it...

what makes you tick man? whoever you are.

Jan: there are some exceptions to the rule. but i doubt anything other than a top-secret military base would qualify.

you were in the right!
Blogger N  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.