free web tracker

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Attainment



One day I will win the Booker Prize or steal it from some undeserving cad - like Zadie Smith (sorry, Karen Little*). Whichever comes first.

That would be fun. A real feather in my cap, Joseph Heller might say.

But for the real "I AM A GOD!" feeling, try scoring a goal in soccer. Mm hmm.

I came on at half time. Within five minutes a ball was headed backwards to me, and I tapped it into the net. Then I ran back to our halfway line, and did an ill-coordinated cartwheel to mark my smokin' hot goalscoringness.

Damn, that net was hungry. We ended up winning 13-0. I know, I know... scoring couldn't have been too hard, huh?

I don't care. I am on the scoresheet. I feel ten feet tall. I get the burger for free. I snipe the pheasant.

Because of a ball. Because of a competitive fiction. Like the Booker Prize.

Men.



13-0? het jul teen die kleuterskool gespeel?
Blogger arcadia  


Does it count if they were bandaged lepers?

No, seriously. It was our second team against their first team. Everyone gets a turn to shine, I guess.
Blogger N  


13 - 0? Ridiculous. Were you playing against Bafana Bafana? (Lame... I know).

So, when you win that Booker, can I have an autographed copy? ;-)
Blogger Karen Little  


Course you can, Karen.

Hell, I'd autograph the damn Booker itself if it means I get to autograph something!

we affirm ourselves in objects...
Blogger N  


hi niel

ek is nie seker of ek by internet kan uitkom hierdie week nie, en ek het nie een van jul se nommers nie, so kry dalk my nommer by mnr bottomley en sms my iewers hierdie week, dan check ons of ons dalk 'n kuier saam met die stellenbosch rakkers kan skeduleer...
Blogger arcadia  


So what's it going to be about?

Lepers, LOL! Q: Why did the leper hockey game get called?

A: There was a face off in the corner.

How utterly crass of me. :-P
Blogger C  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.