free web tracker

Thursday, May 25, 2006

sometimes you can see it so clearly

I have a shaggy beard. Right now, I am pouring the good liquor from the top of the cabinet. It cost me about R70. I have to type 1000 words tonight or learn to cook without electricity. Standards don’t matter. What I write, they will print. Do people read the Big Issue.

?

It is 2009. I am a freelancer. I don’t shave very often.

I phone up Craig.

“listen man, I only need a title. Hit me”

“LP Show Sells Out Budokan”

“No, it’s about dogs.”

“Oh. There’s a march tomorrow. It’s about GM crops.”

“You want to cover it?”

“No, I want to join. Are you coming?”

“I guess not.”

“Why?”

“I don’t care, that’s why.”

“That’s pretty fuckin’ selfish.”

“Yeah… title?”

...

"It’s a dog’s life… If you can afford it.”

“You are God.”

“Then come to the protest!”

“Sorry, God.”

...

“Goodbye, my son.”

“Bye. Amen.”



Jou toekoms lyk baie soos jou hede. Ek identifiseer.
Blogger gm  


dis moerse sad. dalk moet ons 'n fonds stig.
Blogger arcadia  


yes, then the good liquor can be R90...
Blogger N  


I agree with GM - that's a pretty good picture of what our lives are like now.
Blogger seminormal  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.