free web tracker

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Journos

A slice of life, this time...

I'm studying to be some kind of monster. I mean a journalist. Of course.

What it's like?

Hmmmmm...

It's like this, see.

Life becomes a maze full of terrifying monsters called "people". Everyday, you have to grapple with these monsters because they have something you want: information.

Getting this info can be terrifying. Best case scenario: uncomfortable. Yes. That is the case for the incredibly introspective, which is my clan.

Anyway, it gets more complicated when you have (or are perceived to have) something they want. To some, you have a magic wand that can make their PR worries flutter away.

It's been hard. Once or twice I've waved the wand. Placated the "subject". It feels pretty rotten. But I was on deadline... what to do?

Deadline. There's a beautiful thing.

It's one bitchy general, for sure. And it's made me do wondrous amounts of work I never thought I could.

Here's the thing: as a journ-in-waiting, I have to write everyday. Isn't that wonderful? Whether I want to or not.

But after-the-fact, I'm always happy to write. I love having written something (to borrow words from some salon.com writer). So if I have to trek across this small college town and speak to boring, devious or otherwise undesirable characters to write my share of words every day, I will take the plunge.

Besides that, I'm learning.

When I'm confident enough, I'll post some pics. Pics taken with the benefit Photojournalism classes that have made me thrice the third-rate photographer I was before. We'll see.

In the meantime, I remain a writer, dabbling with a new medium and new ways to talk to an intangible audience.

Who knows, eh?



tsk tsk tsk...make them swallow the wand next time!
and post some pics
(for those on a need to know basis - niel takes kiff pictures and HE KNOWS IT!!!!!!!!!!!)
Blogger M.E.  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.