free web tracker

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Island Outreach Suburban Resue Project

I've decided to start investing in tiny increments for an island for us all.

Yes, let us agree upon it that this is what we need. The other island, also known as the world, is accelarating with manic speed as it nears the "shithole" category. People, the daily grind is becoming the weekend grind. The weekend grind is becoming the ever-grind. At night, I grind my teeth.

So, a little spot just off of Madagascar has been found for all my friends, all readers of this blog and a randomly selected contingent of 70s rock musicians. (Robert Plant, my fingers are crossed for you).

Anyway, our primitive economy will be based on a simple unit of currency, the Backrub, which will inevitably gain value as global markets realise how awesome we are and oh-they-are-so-jealous-so-they-will-buy-our-phony-bonds-and-stocks.

Yes.

Please start packing, as I expect to have raised all the cash I need as soon as the next lottery draw takes place (Wednesday, I think). I put the moves on the show presenter in a sleazy club in Claremont last night, for the greater good of "our island home" (Churchill was in fact referring to us, not Britain, in that significant speech)

There will be no work and long afternoons of wine-drinking and smokin' hot backrubs until our subservient-bourgeois memories have been erased of toil. Wizard!

I want to watch a horror movie.




My vote for the best post this year!

Well done, Niel. I'm on that island. Though we need the surviving member of The who there as well
Blogger seminormal  


klink goed. enige omstandighede waaronder 'n mens van die eiland afgestem kan word?
Blogger arcadia  


Oooh, sounds fantastic to me. I'd be all over that wine like white on a polar bear.
Blogger mike  


Wanneer gaan ons?

Kan ons Sigur Ros ok vat?
Blogger gm  


Mike...

that polar-bear simile takes my breath away.

*gasp*

you could be big, man. like, Darwin-big.

And... oh. We have very informal requirements for living on the island. You all qualify... UNLESS YOU HAVE DIRTY SHAMEFUL INITIALS, THAT IS!

If your initials contain all of "G", "W", or "B", all bets are off, I'm afraid.

Sorry and more sorry, Bernard Weltkin Gerkkinn. Didn't make the cut. We'll send you postcards, though.
Blogger N  


oh, wait. Mike, though I still love the simile, I actually thought you said:

"I'd be all over that like white wine on a polar bear."

Which is ludicrous, of course. But brilliant.

Keep typing! (and enjoy Grey's Anatomy)
Blogger N  


wow! two brand new similes for me to use! i'd actually completely forgotten the word simile... i just started using the word 'metaphor' for everything. btu suddenly my high school english is coming back to me.

that was a bit random, i know.

cool post, dude!
Blogger Karen Little  


ohmygosh!

I also started using "metaphor" for everything!

I think I once figured out that when I had to think about it, it was usually a "metaphor", so I just started generalising, calling everything "metaphors".

But now Mike has brought similes irrevocably back into style!

Hail, Mike!
Blogger N  


wat my saam niel, seblief. maar as robert plant gaan, moet jimmy page ook gaan. sal daar genoeg krag op die eiland wees vir moerse marshall guitar amps?
Blogger Jan  


yes there will, jan. we will divide 700 KW equally between our quadruple-stacked Marshall soundcannons and the mile-wide battery of ever whirring smoothie-blenders.

just three more days till wednesday...
Blogger N  


Karen,
I feel like I have ( a-ha! ) caught you in saying DUDE. B/c of the comment you made to me a while back abt ME saying dude alot. It just haha made me laugh.
Blogger ~d  


Heywow!

Similies are where it's at, duderators.

(I must admit, I first thought you said the polar bear smilie took your breath away. 'Smilie?' I asked.)

Oh, and re the initials: MHA. Good enough? You don't have anything against Marie Hapsburg Antoinette, do you?
Blogger mike  


footrubs? I like footrubs!
scrubs, footscrubs.
who's gonna be in charge of tribal counsel sessions? how big the camera crew? mag die camera crew vir ons coke gee?
can i wave my finger at you? can i?
Blogger M.E.  


Emmie, you are footscrub-lieutenant. Unfortunately, that means you are in charge of shaving our corns!

"Demotion", you plead?
Blogger N  


Emmie, you are footscrub-lieutenant. Unfortunately, that means you are in charge of shaving our corns!

"Demotion", you plead?
Blogger N  


Solank ek op die enigste heuwel kan bly :)
Anonymous Anonymous  


Oh, niel, gepraat van horror movies. Ek het 2 Japanese horrod dvd's, daar is 3 short stories daarop. Dis nogal freeeaakkkyyyy..... As jy hou van japanese flieks met engelse subtitles en die potensiaal vir sielkundige skade, laat weet my. Gan dit vnaand rip na 700mb divx.
Anonymous Anonymous  


dammit, ~d, you're tight! i caught the 'dude' bug.... *sigh*
Blogger Karen Little  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.