free web tracker

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Coming out the closet

I had two options:

  • take a quick, needed shower
  • make my second ever blog posting

I'll cleanse yet, before the day is done. For now, there is something much more urgent at hand:

I have to end the farce before it is too late. I have to come out of the closet...

Yes, I hated A hundred years of solitude. Sorry, world: Marquez and I are not checkers-buddies.

I said it. I'm out. Now all I have to do is tell my parents. My mother will never forgive me. My father might understand. He knows that disliking Marquez is 100% genetic, although he might still blame himself. His bad genes.

I'm glad I could share that with you. As a lover of literature, its always hard to come out of the Marquez closet. You never know who might abandon you.

Already I feel alienated. I better top up on Drinking Yoghurt. Healing comes in five flavours.




Healing might come in five flavours, but Marquez fans come in one only:

Magic-righteous-realist-fundamentalism.

Buildings will burn as a result of your admission! Literature-crusadist products will be boycotted! People will ululate in the decaying streets, kicking roosters out of their way! Indiscriminate machine-gun fire will be heard but not understood!

A parrot must die in a tropical clime!
Blogger gm  


Yes, and my family will suffer for generations for my indescretion.

And... uh... wine (representing grief and decadence) will pour out of out nostrils.

Yeah, that's it.
Blogger N  


you're too new in this blogging game to be throwing unsavoury confessions at us, niel. well, at least you like pride and prejudice. that's a redeeming element. let it never be said that we aren't incredibly elitist in this blogmune (credit to karen l). have you tried reading love in the time of cholera? although i guess if 100 years didn't do it for you, nothing will...
Blogger arcadia  


Niel does not deserve to live. Niel does not deserve to live.
Hear the cry of the crusading literature purists.
Like mushrooms, they march upon your home.
Burning
Burning

How can you not like Marquez?!
Blogger seminormal  


i get what your saying semi-agree i liked his life story more though
Blogger Lexi  


Post a Comment

© 2006 We like texture | Template by Gecko & Fly;
Extracts to be credited, please.